Victoria

Well, it is raining so hard outside. The rainy season is definitely in full swing here. I actually got caught out in it on my way home from church this afternoon. Que lastima, verdad! I forgot to take my umbrella with me. I was one soaked little pelirroja!My mama tica told me that down here the umbrella is an everyday necessity, an accessory, even if when you leave the house it is clear and sunny. Anyways, I came home and decided since it was flooding outside I would update my blog. I am very sorry I haven't done so in awhile. Well, this is my last week here in Costa Rica. I truly can't believe how quickly the time has passed. I can honestly say this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have learned and experienced so much (including my first earthquake/temblor) and I have truly been blessed by this opportunity to learn. I really believe that every experience and every person that has crossed my path up to this point, has had some sort of impact on my life and that the Lord uses these to make me the person that I am. Each day I am changing and learning as God presents me with new opportunities and new lessons. "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go,for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8 Gracias a Dios! I am really sad to leave this place, but I am also really excited to see my family and friends. I am also excited about what the Lord has for me coming up around the bend. I ask that you would continue to pray for me during this last week and also for safe travel for me this Saturday (May 29). I also ask that you would pray for the Tapachula, Mexico mission team from Wilmington Island UMC. We are leaving on June 10 to go to Tapachula to work with Mission on the Move for a week. This will be the first test of my new Spanish language...I hope I pass! I am really looking forward to this trip. I am excited about seeing the little niƱos and also seeing how the Lord is going to use our team.
I have included some Spanish terms in this post...it is your homework to figure out what they mean :)
Dios te bendiga!

P.S. This is a picture from Manuel Antonio National Park. Un mono cariblanca
0 Responses

Post a Comment