Victoria

I am so excited that I have the opportunity to share with you about how the Lord is directing my path, where it’s going and where it has been. As many of you know 2009 was a tough year for my family dealing with and trying to understand the unexpected loss of my father. That experience left me with an even deeper need to seek the Lord for not only His comfort, but for His direction as well. The Lord has used and is continuing to use that painful experience to teach me.One of the biggest lessons I have learned; not to take one day for granted and to seek out and do what the Lord has for me and what He has created me for. This seeking led me to Mission on the Move directed by Steve and Hope Shearouse.

After returning from a mission trip to Costa Rica this past summer the Lord placed a huge desire on my heart for the children of Latin America. After sharing with several people this desire, my path would soon meet up with the Shearouse’s. Without going into great detail, it was truly a God-guided journey with everything seemingly falling into place. The Shearouse’s offered me the position of Education Coordinator at their Children’s homes in Tapachula, Mexico. Mission on the Move has three children’s homes in Mexico with about forty children living there. Many of these children’s parents are in prison and many of the children have even grown-up in prison and some were even born there. In Mexico, the families of inmates are allowed to live with them in prison. So many of these children have suffered from all sorts of abuse and neglect, but through Mission on the Move, with the consent of the children’s parents, they are taken out of the prison and placed in the Christ-centered homes of Mission on the Move, where they are loved with the love Christ, where they grow spiritually, physically, and mentally, as they have the opportunity to go to school. These children share amazing testimonies and are spiritually mature beyond their years. They have hope now because of the Lord and His work through Mission on the Move.

As I stated before, I will be working as the Education Coordinator because they have a great need for tutorial help. Many of the children are excelling in school, but there are those who are behind because of being in the prison where they had no education whatsoever, so there is a huge task for catching them up and helping them be in a position to excel. I will also have the opportunity to help with their daily Bible studies. I will also be there to love these children with the love of Christ. Through the ministry in these homes the Lord is repairing and restoring His children.

In April, I will be going for two months of Spanish language school in San Jose, Costa Rica, so I can better communicate with the children. I will be going down to Tapachula, Mexico at the beginning of August and I am planning to serve there for 9-10 months.

I ask for your support in both prayers and finances. I know that it has been a tough year financially, but I am believing that the Lord will provide for me, He has brought me this far. I am looking to raise $12,000 total in support. As of right now, I have about $4,000 left to raise. This is for everything, flights, language school, and my time in Mexico. I know that money is important in our world today, but I also know the power of prayer, so I ask for that knowing that you cannot put a dollar amount on prayer. Please pray for Mission on the Move, the children of Tapachula, and for me in my journey. I really appreciate your support in whatever way it is shown.

I wanted to share this verse for it is one that I feel like describes what the Lord is doing through Mission on the Move in Tapachula in the lives of these children, their families and in the community.
“Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.”
Isaiah 58:12

The Lord is “repairing and restoring” lives in Tapachula and I am excited to be apart of His ministry.

For more information on Mission on the Move, please go to: www.missiononthemove.org
0 Responses

Post a Comment